Sunday, March 30, 2008

a ho hum actor's life

This has been such a strange week. Eric and I are finally settled in the new apartment. I really like it! It has so many perks.

But now what? It’s so hard switching gears again. Makes me a little depressed. Last week we tried shooting a ’quickie’ Episode 4, but neither one of us were happy with the results. So we have a choice.....do a reshoot, or, do as we originally planned....shoot a REAL, full-length episode... not the quickie. This is a tough choice.

Eric is going to be busy with his work, so he can’t focus on this problem until later in the week.

Let me switch gears for a moment....I’m really worried about what’s going to happen come June 30th. With AFTRA pulling out of "Phase One" we now have a true war between SAG and AFTRA. This is going to make things really complicated in the next few months regarding negotiations for the TV/Theatrical Contract. The war between SAG & AFTRA could contribute to a possible actors’ strike July 1st. We all know the BILLIONS of dollars lost during the WGA strike.

"The Retributioners" is under a SAG Internet Contract, which has me worried. If there is a SAG strike on July 1st, this could mean trouble for our show. Then again, maybe not.......the internet is still quite new to the whole union thing, so I wonder what will happen.

Let’s all cross our fingers and hope things go well over the next few months.

I know a whole bunch of you who are not actors who are probably wondering what I am talking about, or need some more context, so let me give you a link which summarizes it:

http://www.nbc11.com/news/15745375/detail.html?rss=bay&psp=news

steph

No comments: